I am an Assistant Professor with MMLab@NTU at the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining NTU, I was a postdoc researcher at Max Planck Institute for Informatics, advised by Prof. Christian Theobalt. I received my Ph.D. degree at Multimedia Laboratory in the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2021, supervised by Prof. Xiaoou Tang. I also worked closely with Prof. Ping Luo and Prof. Chen Change Loy during my Ph.D. time. I obtained my Bachelor’s degree from Tsinghua University in 2016.
My research interests are at the interface of computer vision, machine learning, and computer graphics. Our group will explore the following research directions:
- Generative Models
- AI-Human Collaborative Content Generation
- 3D&Video Editing and Generation
- Neural Scene Representations and Rendering
- Physics-aware Content Generation
I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students to join my group at MMLab@NTU in Fall 2024. I also have openings for Postdocs and RAs. Please drop me an email at email@example.com with your resume if you are interested in working together with me on cutting-edge research topics listed above. For more details, please refer to:
To perspective students (click here)Thank you for your interest in joining my group! Due to the volume of emails received, I apologize in advance if I'm unable to respond to every applicant personally.
PhD applicants for 2024 spring intake: The review and interview process for the Spring 2024 intake is now complete. We appreciate your application and interest in our program!
PhD applicants for 2024 fall intake: The review and interview process is scheduled to take place around November or December 2023. Thank you for your patience.
- Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany
- August 2021 - May 2023
- Postdoc researcher at the Department of Visual Computing and Artificial Intelligence
- Advisor: Prof. Christian Theobalt
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, HK SAR
- August 2017 - July 2021
- Ph.D. at Department of Information Engineering
- Supervisor: Prof. Xiaoou Tang
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- August 2012 - July 2016
- B.E. at Department of Automotive Engineering
- GPA ranking: 1/86
- Area Chair: CVPR 2024
- Reviewer: CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, SIGGRAPH-Asia, NeurIPS, ICLR, TPAMI, and IJCV.
- Drag Your GAN: Interactive Point-based Manipulation on the Generative Image Manifold
CVPR 2023 AI for Content Creation Workshop, Vancouver, Canada, June 2023
CUHK-SZ PaSS Lecture Series, Virtual, June 2023
HUAWER Noah’s Ark Lab, Virtual, June 2023
ByteDance, Singapore, June 2023
BAAI Conference, Beijing, June 2023
Global Artificial Intelligence & Robotics (GAIR) Summit, Singapore, August 2023
- Neural Generation and Rendering of the 3D Visual World
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, February 2023
- Image Editing and 3D Reconstruction Based on Deep Generative Models
HUAWEI Technologies Co., Ltd., Virtual, April 2022